Carlton Farms Holiday ‘Mock’ PorchettaBy Chef Rick Gencarelli of Lardo and Grassa
Pork wrapped in pork! This play on “Prochetta” replaces the traditional pork belly with our moist and juicy pork loin. Full of herbs and artfully wrapped in Carlton Farms select bacon, this crowd pleaser is flavorful, filling and fun!
Ingredients and directions
- 1 Pork Loin 2.5 – 3 lbs.
- 1 T fennel pollen
- 2 T chopped garlic
- 2 T chopped parsley
- 1 T chopped rosemary
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 lb. sliced bacon
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place pork loin vertically on a cutting board and slice into it 1/4 inch from the bottom and all the way through. Continue to make 1/4 inch slices opening the meat like pages of a book.
- Once the loin is completely open like a large rectangle of meat, lightly pound the meat so it is somewhat uniform in thickness.
- Season the meat liberally with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the remaining ingredients on to the loin.
- Lay out enough bacon on a cutting board, shingling the slices to the same width of the pork loin.
- With the bacon vertically on the cutting board, place the rolled pork loin on the bottom portion of the bacon and roll.
- Tie the pork loin on each slice of bacon with butcher twine.
- Cook for about an hour or until you reach an internal temp of 140.
- Remove string with kitchen shears, slice and serve.
- Game Day Baby Back Ribs Made w/ Carlton Farms Artisan Park
- French Pork Rack Roast w/ Roasted Pears & Shallots
- Carlton Farms Holiday ‘Mock’ Porchetta – Pork Loin wrapped in bacon Recipe
- Carlton Farms Holiday Crown Roast of Pork
- Grilled Carlton Farms Porterhouse Pork Chops
- Grilled Carlton Farms Pork Burgers with Grilled Peaches and Dirty Mustard