Chorizo-filled Dates Wrapped in Bacon
Penelope Casas, courtesy of foodandwine.com
This timeless tapa from Spanish cookbook author Penelope Casas has everything going for it—it’s sweet, smoky and savory, all in one bite.
Total time: 20 mins.
Ingredients and directions
- 1 small Spanish chorizo sausage (about 2 ounces), casing removed
- 24 Medjool dates, pitted
- 12 slices of Carlton Farms Thick-cut Regular Bacon, halved crosswise
- 1. Slice the chorizo crosswise in thirds. Halve each piece lengthwise, then cut each half into 4 lengthwise strips to make a total of 24 small sticks.
- 2. Tuck a chorizo stick into each date and pinch the dates closed. Wrap a strip of bacon around each date and secure with a toothpick.
- 3. Place the wrapped dates in a large skillet, seam sides down, and sauté, turning, until the bacon is browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
- Carlton Farms Holiday ‘Mock’ Porchetta
- Carlton Farms Holiday Crown Roast of Pork
- Grilled Carlton Farms Porterhouse Pork Chops
- Grilled Carlton Farms Pork Burgers with Grilled Peaches and Dirty Mustard
- Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry-Bacon Barbecue Sauce
- Carlton Farms Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf with Jack Daniels Glaze
- Carlton Farms Pork Chops and Peaches with a Peach Gastrique
- Chorizo-filled Dates Wrapped in Bacon
- Pork and Bacon Kebabs
- Grilled Bratwurst with Onion Braised in Beer and Mustard
- Peppery Beef Rib Roast
- Bacon-cured Skirt Steak with Chanterelles and Shallots
- Grilled Texas Ribeye
- Grilled Steak Salad with Beets and Scallions
- Ham and Sausage Strata
- Pomegranate-Jalapeño-glazed Ham
- Grilled Hanger Steak with Bacon Chimichurri