French Pork Rack Roast w/ Roasted Pears & ShallotsBy Carlton Farms
An elegant main course for paired down celebrations – our French Pork Rack Roast!
Serves 8-10 ppl
Total time: 1 hr 15 mins. | Cook Time: 1 hrs. | Prep Time: 15 mins.
Ingredients and directions
- 3 ea Garlic Cloves, minced
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil, divided
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- 1 Carlton Farms French Pork Rack Roast
- 1 tbsp Fresh Thyme
- 1 tbsp Fresh Rosemary
- 6 ea Shallots, peeled and sliced in half
- 2 ea Pears, cored and quartered
- 1 cup Chicken Stock or Dry White Wine
- 1 bunch Fresh Thyme
- 1 bunch Fresh Rosemary
- Mix the garlic with 3 tbsp olive oil, minced thyme, minced rosemary, and a generous amount of salt & pepper. Rub this mixture all over the pork roast and let stand at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the pears and halved shallots and toss with 3 tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Spread the pears and shallots evenly in a roasting pan, set the pork on top and season with a bit more salt and pepper. Evenly distribute sprigs of thyme and rosemary between the pears and shallots.
- Now roast the pork for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 325F. Continue roasting the pork for 40-45 minutes longer, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat registers 155F.
- Transfer the pork to a carving board and let stand for about 10 minutes. Cut between the ribs, transfer the chops back to the roasting tray and serve. Enjoy!