Game Day Baby Back Ribs Made w/ Carlton Farms Artisan ParkBy Carlton Farms
Serves 8 ppl
Total time: 5 hr 30 mins. | Cook Time: 5 hrs. | Prep Time: 30 mins.
Ingredients and directions
- 2 packs (4 rib racks total) Carlton Farms Baby Back Pork Ribs
- 2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Mild Chili Powder
- 3 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Mustard Powder
- 3 tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Apple Juice, Beer or Wine
- 1 Bottle BBQ Sauce of Choice
- Aluminum Foil
- Basting Brush
- Set your smoker (or oven as a second option) to 225F.
- Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs, mix all the spices, and generously season the meat side and bone side of the ribs evenly. Let rest for 20-30 mins.
- Place the ribs on the grill (or on a baking sheet in the oven) bone side down and cook for 3 hours.
- Spread the pears and shallots evenly in a roasting pan, set the pork on top and season with a bit more salt and pepper. Evenly distribute sprigs of thyme and rosemary between the pears and shallots.
- Transfer the ribs to a triple layer of aluminum foil. (2 rib racks go inside 1 aluminum foil wrap, so you’ll need 2 aluminum foil setups) Wrap the ribs with aluminum foil, but before you close the foil tightly, pour 1⁄2 cup of your Apple Juice/Beer/Wine into each foil packet and seal.
- Increase the temp to 275F and cook the ribs for another 1.5 hours or until the ribs reach an internal temp of 205F.
- Remove the ribs from the foil, place back on the grill (or on a baking sheet in the oven) bone side down, and baste evenly with the BBQ sauce. Cook for 15 mins to set the sauce.
- Transfer the ribs to a cutting board, let the ribs rest for 10-15 mins, slice, and serve!
- Game Day Baby Back Ribs Made w/ Carlton Farms Artisan Park
- French Pork Rack Roast w/ Roasted Pears & Shallots
- Carlton Farms Holiday ‘Mock’ Porchetta – Pork Loin wrapped in bacon Recipe
- Carlton Farms Holiday Crown Roast of Pork
- Grilled Carlton Farms Porterhouse Pork Chops
- Grilled Carlton Farms Pork Burgers with Grilled Peaches and Dirty Mustard