Grilled Carlton Farms Porterhouse Pork Chops
By Chef Rick Gencarelli of Lardo and Grassa
The king of all chops! A porterhouse pork chop is a bone-in pork chop with the pork loin on one side of the T-bone and the pork tenderloin on the other. While this recipes calls for four chops, you will be eating leftovers for days from these meaty gems.
Ingredients and directions
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup salt
- 1 t fennel
- 1 t coriander
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 t black peppercorns
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 T chopped sage
- 6 large garlic cloves smashed with the back of a knife
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine all of the brine ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Allow to cool completely and add 4 Carlton Farms Porterhouse Pork Chops to brine. Leave in brine for 24 hours
- Remove chops from brine, rinse with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub chops with rub ingredients.
- Brush chops with olive oil and grill over a medium hot grill.
- Grill for approx. 5 minutes per side or until a thermometer reads 140 degrees.