Old-fashioned Ham w/ Mustard & Thyme GlazeBy Carlton Farms
Serve something classic this holiday season! Our Old-Fashioned Bone-In Ham is the perfect centerpiece. Hand-trimmed, traditionally cured, and slow-smoked over hardwood, it’s packed full of flavor and ready for you to add your own culinary flourishes.
Serves 8-10 ppl
Total time: 1 hr 45 mins. | Cook Time: 1.5 hrs. | Prep Time: 15 mins.
Ingredients and directions
- 1 Carlton Farms Bone-In Ham
- 2 cups Sweet Riesling
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- ¼ cup Shallots, minced
- 2 tsp Fresh Thyme leaves
- 1 cup Country-Style Mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Arrange rack in lowest level of oven; preheat to 300°. Place ham in a medium roasting pan.
- Boil 1 cup Riesling and 3 cups water in a saucepan for 5 minutes. Pour into bottom of roasting pan.
- Bake ham, basting with pan juices occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the ham registers 110°, about 1 hour.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring often, until shallots are very soft, about 6 minutes. Remove pan from heat; stir in the remaining 1 cup Riesling.
- Return to stove, increase heat to medium-high, bring to a simmer, and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 8 minutes. Add thyme leaves, mustard, honey, pepper, and salt and whisk until well blended.
- Remove ham from oven and increase heat to 350°. Using a pastry brush, spread mustard glaze over ham. Return pan to oven and bake ham, tenting with foil if browning too quickly, until internal temperature registers 135° and crust is golden brown, 15-30 minutes. Serve with extra mustard glaze on the side. Enjoy!
- Andouille & Shrimp Gumbo made w/ Carlton Farms Sausage
- Game Day Baby Back Ribs Made w/ Carlton Farms Artisan Park
- French Pork Rack Roast w/ Roasted Pears & Shallots
- Old-fashioned Ham w/ Mustard & Thyme Glaze
- The Carlton Farms BLT w/ Homemade Bacon Mayo
- Carlton Farms Holiday ‘Mock’ Porchetta – Pork Loin wrapped in bacon Recipe
- Carlton Farms Holiday Crown Roast of Pork
- Grilled Carlton Farms Porterhouse Pork Chops
- Grilled Carlton Farms Pork Burgers with Grilled Peaches and Dirty Mustard
- Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry-Bacon Barbecue Sauce
- Carlton Farms Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf with Jack Daniels Glaze
- Carlton Farms Pork Chops and Peaches with a Peach Gastrique
- Chorizo-filled Dates Wrapped in Bacon
- Pork and Bacon Kebabs
- Grilled Bratwurst with Onion Braised in Beer and Mustard
- Peppery Beef Rib Roast
- Bacon-cured Skirt Steak with Chanterelles and Shallots
- Grilled Texas Ribeye
- Grilled Steak Salad with Beets and Scallions
- Ham and Sausage Strata
- Pomegranate-Jalapeño-glazed Ham
- Grilled Hanger Steak with Bacon Chimichurri