Pork and Bacon Kebabs
Steven Raichlen, courtesy of foodandwine.com
This double dose of pork was inspired by a dish Steven Raichlen encountered on a recent trip to Serbia, where he researched native barbecue traditions for his upcoming book, Planet Barbecue. “The grilling there was amazing, as sophisticated as any grill culture in the world,” he says.
Our pairing suggestion:
These kebabs are influenced by Serbian cooking; Zinfandel also has Eastern European roots—it is descended from the Croatian grape Crljenak and will pair nicely here.
Total time: 1 hr. 30 mins. | Active: 30 mins. | Marinate: 1 hr.
Ingredients and directions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 pound of Carlton Farms Pork Tenderloin, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 2 inch dice
- 1/2 pound of Carlton Farms Thick-cut Regular Bacon, cut into 1 inch dice
- 1. In a bowl, mix the garlic with the paprika, salt, caraway seeds, dry mustard, pepper and oil. Add the pork, toss to coat and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- 2. Light a charcoal grill. Thread the pork, onion and bacon onto 8 skewers. Grill over high heat, turning, until browned and the pork is just cooked through, 15 minutes. Transfer to a platter and serve.
- Carlton Farms Holiday ‘Mock’ Porchetta – Pork Loin wrapped in bacon Recipe
- Carlton Farms Holiday Crown Roast of Pork
- Grilled Carlton Farms Porterhouse Pork Chops
- Grilled Carlton Farms Pork Burgers with Grilled Peaches and Dirty Mustard
- Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry-Bacon Barbecue Sauce
- Carlton Farms Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf with Jack Daniels Glaze
- Carlton Farms Pork Chops and Peaches with a Peach Gastrique
- Chorizo-filled Dates Wrapped in Bacon
- Pork and Bacon Kebabs
- Grilled Bratwurst with Onion Braised in Beer and Mustard
- Peppery Beef Rib Roast
- Bacon-cured Skirt Steak with Chanterelles and Shallots
- Grilled Texas Ribeye
- Grilled Steak Salad with Beets and Scallions
- Ham and Sausage Strata
- Pomegranate-Jalapeño-glazed Ham
- Grilled Hanger Steak with Bacon Chimichurri