Brian Gurney, courtesy of badbonesbbq.com
Ingredients and directions
- Black pepper
- Granulated onion
- Granulated garlic
- Carlton Farms Papa Jake’s Seasoning
- 1. Get a nice tri-tip that is preferably choice or better. Trim meat of exposed fat.
- 2. Season heavily with black pepper, salt, granulated onion, granulated garlic or Carlton Farms Papa Jake’s Seasoning. Let it sit out for an hour before grilling.
- 3. Light charcoal grill about 30 minutes before grilling. Leave an area on the grill where the tri-tip can cook without being over direct coals.
- 4. When coals are ready, sear for 3 minutes. Rotate a quarter turn, then flip. Sear again for 3 minutes and rotate for another 3 minutes.
- 5. Move tri-tip over to the side off of direct coals and cover the grill. Add a handful of wood chips over coals to finish.
- 6. Tri-tip is done at 130ºF. Pull, season with salt and pepper, and let rest for at least 15 minutes. When slicing, cut against the grain of the meat.
- Carlton Farms Holiday ‘Mock’ Porchetta
- Carlton Farms Holiday Crown Roast of Pork
- Grilled Carlton Farms Porterhouse Pork Chops
- Grilled Carlton Farms Pork Burgers with Grilled Peaches and Dirty Mustard
- Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry-Bacon Barbecue Sauce
- Carlton Farms Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf with Jack Daniels Glaze
- Carlton Farms Pork Chops and Peaches with a Peach Gastrique